Friday 2 September 2016

Food Glorious Food - September Travel Link-Up

This month the travel link up topic is all about food! Anyone who knows me knows that I love food and wont back down from unusual foods. 

Being Coeliac I do miss out on some yummy foods (no Krispy Kremes here) but last year I travelled to Cambodia and was able to try so much of the local cuisine there. From the Spider wine to the tarantulas, Cambodia was delicious!

I did want to write about the time I ate cricket - but I am not savvy enough to get the video from my Facebook onto my blog, so instead I thought I would touch on my cooking experience in Siem Reap.




At The Corner on Pub Street, 3 of us from my Intrepid tour group, were set up with our own cooking stations for our 4 course meal.





We went with the chef to the local market for some fresh ingredients and our first course we attempted was a Banana Flower Salad with chicken.



At first, the taste was a bit peculiar, but I started to enjoy it and of course ate most of it except the leaf.. and the mint. 


Our next course Sam Lor Koh Koo which is similar to a vegetarian curry poured over steamed rice.



The main course was Steamed Fish Amok in Banana Leaf. I am not a fish eater so was able to substitute the fish with chicken. Unfortunately we didn't get to try our hand and forming the banana leaf bowl as they were pre made.





To finish off, we made Banana sago in coconut milk for dessert, which was superb. 








We booked the cooking class through our Intrepid tour for around US$20. It was held at The Corner Bar and Restaurant on Pub Street in Siem Reap. 
Recipes below. 

 


How to link up your post:

Just pop your post up over the first week of the month (the 1st - 7th September), add it to the link up widget - found on either Angie's, Jessi's, Emma's or on our lovely co-host Tanja at Red Phone Box Travels - from the 1st of the month.
There are no rules – basically all we ask is that you check out some of the other cool bloggers that are involved in that months travel link up; make a few comments here and there and tweet a few of the posts out that you think they will love. It’s a great way to meet some new travel bloggers and share some blogging joy!
The Travel Link Up is open to all bloggers as long as the post is relevant.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment