Sunday 2 February 2014

Australian Patriotism in London

One of the biggest days in an Australian's calendar has got to be Australia Day.
It doesn't matter if we are on the other side of the world or in a remote village, we will always find a way to celebrate the landing of the First Fleet. 

For me, Australia Day is a double celebration as it is also my birthday.

This year was the first time I have ever spent it away from my family. 

Because I decided to move half way across the world to London, this year was the first time I had not spent my birthday with the family.

Luckily, London has a huge expat population and there were many options to choose from to celebrate! 

One of my housemates, Emily, and I chose to go to The Church - No! Not the Christian kind, but a 'day bar' in Elephant & Castle which specialize in Seedy
Sundays.




No matter where you are, we Australians are everywhere, ready to party!



No comments:

Post a Comment